5 Common Business Phone Myths Debunked
3 min read
The following article lists five common business phone myths, how they impact you, and how to avoid or break them to ensure a better result:
- Buying a phone system is more expensive.
- Phone systems are hard to configure, and good quality VoIP connection is needed.
- You don’t need a phone system for your business.
- There was only one type of professional phone, and the system was not professionally graded.
- You don’t need a phone system for your small business.
Voice over IP is the modern evolution of business phone communications. It also provides varying degrees of integration with third-party software. VoIP service is not just an alternative to the traditional system.
Telephone calls are diminishing in popularity, and you are being left with more and more of your time to make good on your sales. The time is now to upsell and cross-sell.
Myth 1: Buying a phone system is more expensive.
- Working with a phone systems provider that serves small businesses and entrepreneurs can be one of the great ways to save money. You will still have to pay for all brand-new phones, wires, adapters, and the human effort cost to install them. Of course, many new businesses and startups cannot afford it.
- Upgrading to Business VoIP phone service providers is more budget-friendly and often cheaper than a traditional phone system. If you go with a virtual phone system, you can eliminate the cost of all that equipment and human work because you can easily use your existing phones and set them up by yourself.
- Costs can range depending on what software you’re running and which phone system you’re purchasing. You don’t need to be a multi-million dollar company to get the benefits of having a business phone system that does everything for your business – such as creating team conference calls, sharing screens and documents with clients, and sending and receiving messages via email or SMS.
Myth 2: Phone systems are hard to configure, and good quality VoIP connection is needed.
- Installation takes two hours or less (typically one hour) and training averages 30 minutes. Voice over IP is the modern evolution of business phone communications. It also provides varying degrees of integration with third-party software.
Myth 3: You don’t need a phone system for your business.
- You need one for every business transaction, from selling to purchasing something online. Phone systems allow you to manage those transactions from one place and protect your company from fraud.
Myth 4: There was only one type of professional phone system, which was not professionally graded.
The main types of professional phone systems are of three types and are
- Private Branch Exchanges (PBX)
- Voice over Internet protocols
- Key system units (KSU)
- PBX is a private telephone network that originally used analog technology and allowed users to switch calls on local lines while sharing external lines.
- Voice over Internet Protocol – Unlimited International Calling here makes it easier and cheaper with a reliable internet connection with a strong router.
- KSY – This is perfect for small businesses with few lines, something more conducive to their requirements.
So based on your business, you can choose the type of professional phone system which is fully graded.
Myth 5: You don’t need a phone system for your small business.
- A million small businesses (defined as having under 100 employees) are being misinformed about technology. According to the Small Business Association, over half of the eligible small businesses have no website, two-thirds lack a mission statement, more than half are not using social media, and only five percent plan to buy online next year.
- A major reason they can’t get online is due to the lack of phone systems. Phone systems can help you get ahead in your business. Phone systems can help you take your business high. If your staff consists of employees who are also customers – either buying products or services or just using the phone – then you definitely should get a phone system. Even If your business doesn’t have more than 100 employees, you need a business phone system.
Business phone systems can help you save money. Consider the above facts and approach and select your company’s next voice communication technology.
Published: February 21st, 2023
Subscribe to Our Latest Updates
Get monthly product and feature updates, the latest industry news, and more!