Enhancing Customer Relationship through Business Texting Application
6 min read
Revolutionize customer relations with our business texting application which helps to boost Engagement. Text messaging is a common form of communication that most people are familiar with and feel comfortable using.
Conversational SMS messages are now common in the business text messaging environment. Businesses increasingly use messaging apps to communicate with customers and support their customer service strategies.
You can raise your customer satisfaction rating by implementing these seven texting customer service strategies.
Advantages of Text Messaging For Customer Service:
Compared to other business communications, texting for customer service has several advantages.
- Direct communication: Text messaging allows your company to have a two-way conversation with its clients. Customers can communicate with your company via SMS, and you can answer their messages right away. Now that the SMS API platform is available, your business can use it to communicate with both clients and employees in an effortless manner.
- Constant Connection: Since many people regularly use their mobile devices and carry them everywhere, Text messaging makes it possible for you to contact customers at anytime, anywhere.
- Scalability: Text messaging allows for simultaneous communication with large numbers of customers. Every customer on your mailing list can receive texts, or you can send messages only to particular customer groups. Texting is more affordable and more straightforward to scale than phone calls.
- Instant Responses: Text messaging is the quickest method of contacting customers and receiving feedback. Customers respond to texts more quickly than emails and are more likely to read and respond to them than phone calls.
Seven Strategies for Texting Customers to Provide Customer Service:
Businesses can use text messaging for customer service by following the below tactics:
- Customers should receive timely and customized messages
- Respond quickly to customer requests
- Set up messages in advance to automate customer service
- Use autoresponders to send prompt responses to customer service inquiries
- Provide appointment reminders and alerts
- Utilize polls and surveys to gather opinions
- Collect Google reviews
1. Customers Should Receive Timely and Customized Messages:
Building strong customer relationships will be more accessible by treating customers individually and communicating with them on time. By communicating with customers through personalized text messages, you can have a solid relationship with them.
Emails work well than texts when you must provide customers with more in-depth information or tell a story (such as in marketing and case studies). However, texting is more personal because you can immediately address customers by name and respond to their queries.
Text messages and phone calls both work well for one-on-one communication by using Business Phone Service. It can be as intentional and individualized as phone conversations with clients. Phone calls are more difficult to scale than text messages.
It allow you to respond to customer inquiries, which fosters rapport quickly, helps retain customers, and helps customers feel heard and understood.
2. Respond Quickly To Customer Requests:
Communication effectiveness can be hampered by the relatively slow information transmission and lengthy response times associated with email. Additionally, phone calls take time and can be frustrating if customers are put on hold, or the ring needs to be handled correctly. Customer loss and bad reviews of your business can result from slow responses to customer requests.
Since people can reply to text messages while still working on another task, text messages are quicker than email and phone calls. You can exchange information quickly via text messages, which leads to faster responses. When receiving text messages, be sure to reply as soon as you can. According to some data, the response time should be between 90 seconds and an hour, but this will vary depending on your company, the complexity of the message, and its urgency.
Customers find texting more convenient because it allows them to reply or contact you whenever it is most suitable. Due to the lack of automated phone menus and the need to wait for an email response, customers frequently prefer texting to speaking with you, which gives the customer control over the purchasing process and the pace of communication.
3. Set Up Messages In Advance To Automate Customer Service:
The time you save through automation can add up significantly for a business day. The process of providing customer service has many elements that can be automated. These specific texts may be included in automated text messages:
- Welcome text
- Order notifications
- Payment reminders
- Delivery notices
- Sales receipts
Using automated text messaging, you can send texts to everyone on your contact list as part of marketing campaigns. Examples of text message marketing campaigns include the following:
- New product announcements
- Notification of blog posts and articles that were recently published
- Promotional rewards
- Links to charitable donation pages
An automated texting program, customer relationship management (CRM) software with business Phone or other programs can be used by your company to plan and send text messages. Your customer service and marketing teams may become more productive and proactive in their communications. Additionally, automated text messages immediately let you respond to customer questions and increase customer transparency.
4. Use Auto Responders To Send Prompt Responses To Customer Service Inquiries:
Customers frequently seek information about orders, service requests, delivery problems, and other topics by contacting customer service or visiting your website. They can send questions via text message will get responses more quickly, reducing the time they need to spend trying to solve a problem.
Customers who are unhappy with their experience can text you, allowing you to resolve the situation quickly and stop the unhappiness from getting out of hand.
The perception of your brand is enhanced, the likelihood of repeat business is increased, and more positive reviews of your company are stimulated when your customer service response time is decreased. By setting up auto responders, you can quickly respond to frequently asked queries about your company’s location, operating hours, and availability. You can better satisfy customers’ expectations and give them a more satisfying experience using automated response sets.
The following advice will help you make auto responders more effective:
- Personalize the message where necessary
- Please provide an estimated response time so customers will know when to expect a response to their query or comment
- Include additional contact information for customers (such as a phone number or email address for a particular contact who can handle their request)
- In the text’s body, be cordial
- Describe the procedure’s subsequent steps
5. Provide Appointment Reminders And Alerts:
Proactively reminding customers of appointments makes good business sense. By doing so, you will have fewer cancelled or missed appointments, keeping your schedule full and your customers and employees busy. You can program your calendar application to send appointment reminders when the customer schedules the appointment, a few days beforehand, and on the scheduled appointment date. Include a call to action encouraging the customer to confirm the appointment and a method for the customer to change or cancel the appointment.
Sending alerts via sms is a convenient way to share information such as links to exclusive events, updates on new arrivals, changes to seasonal inventory, and more. This proactive sms can increase revenue, increase traffic to your website and business, and pique customer interest.
6. Utilize Polls And Surveys To Gather Opinions:
The best way to learn what customers like and dislike about your company is to gather customer feedback. However, conventional polling and surveying methods take much time and money for software and other resources. Sending text-based surveys is a more effective way to gather customer feedback because you can include a link to a Google Form with a poll or study in the text message’s body. It increases customer interactions and allows you to receive immediate survey responses.
In slightly different ways, polls and surveys are made to gather customer feedback:
- Polls only ask one multiple-choice question about respondents’ preferences or choices, necessitating minimal analysis.
- Surveys include various question types (such as multiple-choice and long-form responses), which must be analysed and organized into categories.
With the help of Business Texting Application you can send text messages to conduct polls and surveys:
- As a link to a survey or review website
- As a poll with several options
- As an open-ended poll
- As a survey about client experiences
- To Gather Feedback On A Choice
7. Collect Google Reviews:
Many customers read Google reviews before visiting or purchasing from a business, usually starting with the most recent ones. Google reviews boost your search rankings; the more reviews you get, your company is more credible. Positive reviews also serve as social proof that a company values its clients. Checking your company’s Google reviews is crucial to finding out what clients say about you.
To ensure customers have a positive experience, you can follow up with a text message. You can ask for a review promptly (i.e., soon after a transaction or client visit) and include a link to your Google Reviews page in the text message. A customer review is more likely to be positive if sent after a satisfying interaction.
To get more Google reviews, take the following actions:
- Activate your Google My Business page
- Ensure that Google’s search results, services, and maps include accurate information about your company
- Shorten the Google Reviews link
- Ask your customers to provide reviews
- Respond to feedback to establish client confidence
Maintaining a strong customer relationship through a business phone application can lead to increase customer loyalty, higher customer retention rate and ultimately increase revenue for your business. By providing customer with a convenient way to contact your business, you can improve customer satisfaction and build trust with your customers.
Additionally, by using data and analytics to track customer interaction and preferences, you can tailor your communication strategies to better meet their needs and expectations.
Overall investing in a Business Texting Application can be a valuable tool for building and strengthening your customer relationship.
Published: July 17th, 2023
Subscribe to Our Latest Updates
Get monthly product and feature updates, the latest industry news, and more!